3 Minute Thesis Competition
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is a research communication competition developed by The University of Queensland (UQ) which challenges research higher degree students to present a compelling oration on their thesis and its significance in just three minutes in language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
- Yueru Chen (University of Southern California, USA)
- Sanjay Ghosh (Indian Institute of Science, India)
- Woei-Tan Loh (Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Malaysia)
- Pierre-Etienne Martin (LaBRI - University of Bordeaux, France)
- James Noraky (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA)
- Pauline Puteaux (LIRMM University of Montpellier, CNRS, France)
- Tushar Shinde (Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur, India)
Participation Rules for Competition
The 3MT ICIP competition will be performed according to the following basic rules:
- Eligibility: candidates should be PhD students in September 2019
- The competition will be announced in both ICIP and related web pages
- Organisers reserve the right to disseminate the call for participation in other venues including (but not limited to) mailing lists and social media
- Every participant is required to submit a 2-page summary of his PhD, following the same template as the one of the conference papers.
- In case one of the finalists decides to attend ICIP 2019 to participate in the 3MT contest day alone, only one day 3-MT registration rate will be requested (USD$80 for non-IEEE member, $50 for IEEE member before July 15). This specific registration is sent to the 3-MT finalists individually.
- The shortlisting selection will be carried out by the 3MT Committee based on the submitted summary, CV and status of the student
- Final confirmation of acceptance is subject to registration and participation confirmation (of the student)
- The final contest will take place during ICIP 2019
- The organizers reserve the right to collect audio-visual material at the day of presentation for media coverage
- "Presentation rules and judging criteria" can be found here
The winner(s) will be selected to receive a cash prize and also be invited to attend the conference banquet.