Call for Special Sessions
The ICIP 2019 technical program will highlight a series of Special Sessions to complement the regular program with new or emerging topics of particular interest to the image-processing community. Prospective organizers of Special Sessions should submit proposals with the following information:
- Motivation, indicating the novelty of the topic and any possible interdisciplinary flavor
- Short biography of the organizers
- List of six (6) contributed papers (including titles, authors, contact information of the corresponding author, and a short abstract). Upon acceptance of the special session proposal, the contributed papers will be submitted in the same format as regular papers. Organizers should not contribute more than one paper.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topic and on the qualifications of the organizers and of the authors of the contributed papers as well.
The papers in each accepted Special Session will undergo a review process, similar to the other regular papers. It is the responsibility of the organizers to ensure that their Special Session papers meet ICIP quality standards. In case a paper in a Special Session does not meet the expected quality, it will be rejected and an effort will be made to draw papers from the regular submission process to fill in the gap. If too many papers for a given Special Session are not accepted in the review process and we are unable to find suitable substitutes from the regular review pool, the Special Session may be canceled. Any further inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
- Special Session Proposals Due: November 15, 2018
- Notification of Special Session Acceptance: December 15, 2018
- Submission of full five-page papers for approved Special Sessions: January 31, 2019
Proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.